Thursday, November 25

Grilled with Love

My brother won a Philips Griller during his school's annual dinner. Hence, my mum thought of using the new griller last weekend to try it out before CNY dinner next year. My brother's gf was invited over for dinner and we were the ones grilling ALL the food for our family... These are some of the food that was cooked by my bro's gf and me.

 Dou Miao stir-fried on the griller. A very simple and easy way of cooking but the taste was INCREDIBLE! Only garlic and soy sauce but it tasted great and beyond what my bro's gf and I had expected. This was in fact the first time I stir-fried dou miao on a griller.
A word of advice for those who are going to stir-fry it on the griller: You have to stir-fry it at a very fast rate as it tends to be overcooked very fast. =))

 Grilled prawns with garlic and butter.

Almost done! =))

What do you think about the cooking method grilling?? Is it a healthy method of cooking??
The method that I did at home was not exactly a very healthy method of cooking. Why do I say so? I used quite a fair amount of margarine to coat the griller to prevent the food from sticking especially when i am grilling the meats.
What is your say for this cooking method? Is it like what the textbook says "a relatively healthy cooking method as the fat and oil is dripped away"? Maybe for the actual grilling or BBQ-ing method it is....?

No comments:

Post a Comment